This book is for podcasters who can’t quite figure out what they’re doing wrong (and are ready to do things right).
You started your podcast because you want to:
- Spread an important message
- Share your passion
- Make money
But your podcast hasn’t quite taken off like you thought it would.
- Why your “natural personality” may be repelling to people and how to make it attract listeners to your podcast like a magnet (See p198)
- What to do when a company tries to “lowball” you on advertising fees (do nothing, except send them the email on p424)
- It’s easy to screw up an interview. To be sure you don’t run into any problems, use my “guest contract” on p311.
- A six-word “trick” (learned from a 20-year radio veteran) that will instantly make you a better host (it’s on p210)
- 9 reasons to kill an interview before it happens – ignore these “red flags” and you’ll be sorry (p299)
- What Victoria’s Secret models know about podcasting (even though you never hear them talk) – this lesson starts on p208!
- Nervous on the mic? You have lots of company – 75% of podcasters to be exact. I give you a 5-step way to cure your “stage fright” on p229.
- If you’re scared of getting bad reviews, don’t worry – I have three simple ways to handle critics on p236 (two of which can turn critics into fans)
- Why copying top podcasters may be killing your podcast (I share the story on p116) and how to develop a podcasting style that works for you (and will attract more listeners)
- My 3-step “episode teaser” formula – it’s boring, but it works (get it on p110)
- Thinking of doing a “daily” podcast? You must read p103 before you start.
- Want to impress a guest? See the chapter starting on p321 for my 3-step followup “ritual” that will make being on your podcast unforgettable (and encourage guests to promote your episodes)
And that’s just the start …