Bad Pres.si and a Trip Down Memory Lane
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Bunker Project Episode 124:
This week we are planning to talk Social Media platforms, possibly mobile operating systems, a trip down Bunker Project memory lane…
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Marcel Lapointe @crazytvtalk – via Bob’s speakerphone.
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Ken MacGrath @kenamcg
Adam Stanger @gamerhook
James Karg @twisted_majic
Show 124 – The fall of Glos.si / Pres.si and a Trip Down Memory Lane
- Marcel loves Twitter and is not into all the other social media sites. Marcel said what people don’t realize is he is totally gangster.
- Adam is the newly crowned Word Maven… Paid up his $5 and is now official. He’s been tweeting out Word Search puzzles. Adam is big time into Facebook but isn’t sure if he wants to jump into Tumblr and Pinterest with the word of the day.
- Scott is spending too much time on Facebook and wants to learn more about Twitter and other sites. Andrew, Scott, and Bob talk about the Zite app.
- James gives us his Arik Sternberg impression. James is experiencing social media fatigue but is open to trying out new social platforms.
- Margaret is happy with the big social networks she is on and doesn’t want any more. Bonnie and Margaret are kicking butt on G+ hangouts with “Women Talking Tech”.
- Bonnie has 36 separate social media accounts. She is a social media opportunist and checks out all the platforms…
- Randall asks if you are on every platform does that make you a social media slut? Margaret asks if she tweets and tells…
- Adam asks if there is a Social Network that pays you for your content and clicks on ads. Bonnie said there are three MLM social networks and she isn’t on any of them.
- Paul isn’t on many social sites. He tweets a bit and has a WordPress site.
- Scott asks if Paul is on Yahoo + or uses Yahoo hangups?
- Ken is on tons of sites… and likes to register his username on them all just to protect his brand.
- Bob is on 240 sites and uses the same image on everything. Does Marcel want to know what Bob does for a living?
- Andrew is a ton of sites too and likes to play with the different platforms. Bonnie asks about app.net. Andrew talks about a post where he got 2038 clicks but only has 22 followers…
Glos.si Social Aggregator
- Glos.si is now Pres.si and goes PREMIUM ONLY – anybody that had a free account and doesn’t upgrade will be canceled. This social homepage is cool but is they shooting themselves in the foot by alienating their customers.
- Ken said it is ridiculous to charge customers because they will just leave and go somewhere else. Andrew said they have gone with the freemium model and keep it free but charge for extra “power user” features.
- Bonnie said she would have paid for the service but not if they hold her hostage and say she has to pay. So she is going to use another site for this service.
- Scott says this strategy will only work if the pain of losing the service is greater than the price they charge.
- Adam like the targeted ads he gets from Google and social sites because they are showing him what he wants to see.
Bunker Project episode #1
- Andrew set up a new myspace account and created an album called Bunker Project Season 1… He listened to the Bunker episode 1 and realized we were way more professional back then.
- Andrew starts a trip down memory lane and plays a couple minutes from the first episode of the show… and we talk about bringing the show back down a couple notches and keep focused.
Gaming with James
- THQ was sold
- Andrew asks about whether developers are jumping on Tizen and other new mobile operating systems.
- Snap Chat self-destructs messages. Andrew says couldn’t you just take a screen shot. James says the system notifies the user if someone does that. Andrew said what if you take a picture of the screen with another phone before it self-destructs.
- Minecraft pocket edition.
- Bluestacks brings all your Android apps into Windows or Mac.
- Marcel wants to make a game: Snakes and Ladders 2
Call Toll Free 1-877-636-1474 and join the conversation on the show….
Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick