Out Of Control Social Media Predictions for 2013!
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the #1 platform in the world for creating websites online. The easiest way to create your own cool looking website.
Bunker Project Episode 122:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Satomi Hirano @satomi_hirano
Ian Nethercott @lovebuyingcars
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Marcel Lapointe @crazytvtalk – via Bob’s speakerphone.
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Ken MacGrath @kenamcg
Paul the Rock God @paultherockgod
Adam Stanger @ parts unkown
James Karg @twisted_majic
Craig Griffith @askfindbuy
Show 122 – Totally Out Of Control Social Predictions for 2013
- Jessie Roxley from The Den bar opens the show with her professional radio voice.
- Andrew talks about his new Lenovo Yoga… Pros Cons. Etc.
- Andrew was worried when he had to update Windows to get the virtual keyboard to work.
- Paul has 40 followers and counting… we are going to help him get more.
- James does an Arik interpretation.
- Bonnie thanks her influential followers… Andrew says Chris Brogan rules!
- Andrew explains the rules of the Bunker Project Maven names and crowns Adam the Toque Maven.
- Ken has the best Lower Thirds on G+. Andrew brings up the new Neuman dynamic mic for $700. Really good… If Andrew gets bored of his Heil PR40 and wins the lottery maybe he’ll buy another mic.
On to the show notes…
Predictions for Social Media in 2013 from a Hubspot report
- Campaigns are out! Bonnie disagrees. She said you have to have a plan and analytics. Traditional campaigns are too rigid and short term. Not too personal.
- Inbound Marketing goes enterprise wide. Bob and Bonnie said that was so last year. Margaret said nobody wants to hear accountants Tweeting.
- Know Thy Customer. If your customer is on social media, you should be there too. And learn about your customers and what they want.
- Marketing Becomes More Accountable For Revenue Generation. We have a lively conversation on whether marketing has always been accountable for revenue. With digital marketing you can track everything. Should we trust shortened urls?
- Social Media Gets Integrated. Social data gets integrated with traditional marketing and the sales funnel.
- Go Mobile or Fall Behind. Someones smart phone is their most important computer. May be faster than their home computer, is always with them and they are totally engaged with content on their phone.
- Social Will Impact SEO Even More. Social will
- Companies Will Hire More Inbound Marketing Staff. We all agree but it won’t go too far. Inbound Marketing is lead generation… the sales won’t happen by themselves unless you are only an affiliate marketer or selling digital products. But even then you should pick up the phone and talk to your customers.
- Marketing Speaks Like A Human.
- E-Mail Lives On! Email marketing is NOT dead.
- Inbound Marketing Automation Will Go Away. Set it and forget doesn’t work.
- Marketing Technology Will Evolve.
- I’ll Take Some Content Curation Please. Yayyyyy! People will produce lists just so they will get ready on podcasts.
- Marketing Gets Gamified. James says that it has been for years.
- A Picture Is Worth A 1000 Words.
- Context is Contents Best Friend.
- Outbound Marketing Loses Traction.
Gaming With James
- Andrew brings up BlueStacks which allows you to play Android Apps on your MAC or PC. So now Andrew is playing Angry Birds on his Windows 8 PC for free. Yipeee.
- James brings up CES. Andrew said it would be cool to go to CES because there is the New Media Expo before and the Affiliate Summit after. James said the Adult Entertainment convention is on around the same time.
- Ouia is shipping and the Pebble watch is shipping soon too. Kickstarter projects that actually were made.
- Are casual games as profitable as consul or pc games? James said casual games are not B games anymore. The exposure to a casual game is much greater.
- Flow is cool new game that is basically just drawing lines but addictive.
- Someone hired some thugs to kill his son in a video game in order to make him frustrated so he would stop playing.
- Bob talks about the fictitious hollywood lifestyle.
- James brought some treats from Hawaii.
Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply