Groupon and The Bitch
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the #1 platform in the world for creating websites online. The easiest way to create your own cool looking website.
Bunker Project Episode 118:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Paul from Australia (England actually)
Curtis Hemmingway @webguroo
Craig Griffiths @askfindbuy
Show 118 – Groupon & The Bitch
Round Table Intros: Short and Sweet but still took a while…
• Another record time round table introductions… except it took forever to establish the format of the roundtable intros.
• Jessie (the barterderesse) gives us a great shout out.
• Craig Griffiths explains why he has a tan… he is in Australia.
On to the show notes…
• People Browser is suing Twitter for access to the fire hose… Twitter said they don’t have a leg to stand on. The contract is clear. Month to month contract cancellable with 30 days notice.
• Craig said Twitter may be burning bridges if they need developers in the future.
• Is cold calling dead? Bob said in combination with Social Media cold calling has its place.
• Andrew says somebody has to close the deal. Inbound marketing is great for getting leads but at some point, someone has to talk to the client… unless your an all online affiliate marketer.
• Bob and Marcel have a fight… and then Marcel says sorry.
• Bob said spell check is his favourite app… well, he didn’t say that but that is what he was thinking.
• Why do Doctors use this stupid voice to text software… so much easier to type.
• Bob and Marcel’s new podcast: “The Subliterate and The Bitch – get drunk”
• Instead of focussing on your site design focus on content…
• Groupon? Is it dead yet?
• A long conversation about tipping in a restaurant.
• Marcel said you could substitute out heroine with Groupon in the whole conversation and the logic will apply.
• Craig says Daily Deals are not big in Australia. He brings up the Florist analogy.
• Craig never buys his wife flowers… he explains.
• Craig brings up www.pheed.com
• Marcel loves Mashable’s new layout scrolling down forever… instead of page 1, page 2, etc. Bonnie’s prediction is coming true.
• Marcel has a major rant about preferring to talk about stuff instead of stuff.
Bonnie asks “What to do when customers get mean on Social Media?”
• Bosco says embrace it… and if you have screwed up let the world know about it.
• Randal talks about a restaurant that plays the bad Yelp reviews in the bathrooms… lol.
• Respond Quickly
• Don’t be negative
• Marcel wants to know if this is the last Bunker Project of the year. There is one more… plus the Holiday Special.
Gaming with James….
• Call of Duty makes $1 Billion
• Stats about Blackberry… interesting.
• James said if you’re going to play the game make sure to game the game.
• The Wee U is amazing… games nicer, graphics better, etc.
Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick