Show 101 – Google, Google, and More Google.
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Bunker Project Episode 101:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Randall Orser @numbercrunchers
Bruce The Frugal Maven
Curt Hemingway @webguroo
Marcel Lapoointe @movieyearbook
James Karg @twisted_majic The Gaming Maven
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury The Twitter Maven
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal >>The Wicked Wix of the West
Show 101 – All over Google!
Round Table Intro Discussions:
- Bob wants to talk about Brand Yourself, a cool service that helps you SEO your personal brand.
- Curt launched his new project City of Save – coupon search and more. And Night Club Click – profiling DJ’s, Clubs, Pubs and more. Also Check them out.
- Marcel is joining Geeks vs Nerds for a west coast edition of their show. It is a live comedy show with improve. Check out Geeks Vs Nerds on Twitter – @wc_geeksvsnerds
- Bruce is running a startup – GVRDeals. A special deal for people who live in Vancouver and listen to the Bunker Show – click on the link and sign up for FREE Vip card ($30 value). Check it out now. Best call to action ever on the Bunker Show.
- James has been super busy with Start Up Weekend and has tons of promotional swag rounded up. James talks about the Craft Beer Hangout – an Awesome Hangout all about delicious craft beer. Andrew has joined them a couple of times and it rocks. Big Shout Out to The Legacy Liquor Store for their AWESOME selection of craft beer!!!
Topics covered during the show:
- Google takes out a full page ad in the Globe and Mail promoting the value of advertising on Google – we discuss the merits of this ad. Is it a waste of money for Google? Of course they can afford it? Was the ad a joke?… meant to show potential customers how silly it is to advertise in a newspaper?
- Is the Yellow Pages completely dead? Is their online service any good? James says they have a good developer API.
- Why is Microsoft IE 9 using TV ads to advertise a browser?
- Google Fiber rolls out in Kansas City!!! Google is getting into the TV and Internet Service Provider business. Good discussion on the implications of Google Fiber. Google is disrupting industries – Telecom, Maps and more. Now TV and Internet and Same Day Delivery???
- Google Same Day Delivery is a rumour that looks like it is true! Andrew’s theory is that they want to do this to subsidize real time street view. All these delivery Vans with Cameras everywhere. And combating Amazon… for product search. Interesting.
- The Google Car has logged over 300 000 hours without an accident. Well… there was one accident but the driver had apparently taken over control of the car. Would you be more scared of someone in the next lane vs a hacker that might hack the car and crash it?
- James says the Replicator will be in every house in four years. Star Trek discussion ensues. One of our only digressions… Wow! Unbelievable a focussed Bunker Show.
- Marcel says that Google already knows everything about you on the internet and now with Google Car and Glass they will know everything about you offline too!
- Google’s new Algorithm is designed to penalize copyright violators – nobody seems to be against this one… except The Hat Maven. He brings up civil liberty issues.
- Gaming With James – James talks about DRM and how to protect software and games from piracy. Also PTCH the app Andrew is using to make videos of his son. Stay tuned for some short Bunker Show Ptch’s.
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick