A Merry Bunker Christmas
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the #1 platform in the world for creating websites online. The easiest way to create your own cool looking website.
Bunker Project Episode 119:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Curtis Hemmingway @webguroo
Ken MacGrath @kenamcg
Show 119 – Merry Christmas
Snow storm in Vancouver shuts down the Meetup but the show must go on…
- Another record time round table introductions… except it took forever to establish the format of the roundtable intros.
- Jessie (the barterderesse) gives us a great shout out.
- Craig Griffiths explains why he has a tan… he is in Australia.
On to the show notes…
- Bonnie says she is going to make her Glos.si page her main home page. It is that good. She will give us a review… this week or next week.
- Google pulls support for Exchange Active Sync… as of January 30th, 2013 you won’t be able to set up your Google account on Windows Phone. You can set it up as an IMAP account but not exchange… Andrew is ticked off.
- Voice Mail Feedback… Norman called to say Merry Christmas and thanks for providing hours and hours of hilarity. It is like he is having old friends over…
- Bob calls out Norman to join us for a show.
- Merry Christmas to Norm…
Instagram Terms of Service update controversy:
- Can Instagram sell your pictures to advertisers
- Marcel doesn’t care what people do with his stuff…
- James gets the boot for violating the cheesy sound effect rule… put in the penalty box.
- There are other apps out there that are better than Instagram.
Arik from Wix.com is challenging all Meetup groups to give blood:
- Arik has a facebook community page for posting pictures of you giving blood. Check it out. Stats about Blackberry… interesting.
Paul the Rock God suggested we get one of these for the Bunker Show.
More Random Conversations
- Long conversation about Canadian Mobile Networks
- Andrew says he likes the Wacom Bamboo tablet as a mouse substitute.
- Power tips for searching on Google.
- Digression about Sushi… Sooshi or Sushi?
- + and – in Google Search helps to eliminate words from the search
- Place quotes around a phrase
- Bonnie has a Google search tip: drag a photo onto the Google homepage and it will find other copies of the same photo!!!
- Bonnie and Margaret will have a new show in January… Women Talking Tech.
- James is on vacation in Hawaii playing Minecraft and joining the Bunker Project at the same time.
- James sees a ton of Kindles, Nooks, Kobos on the beach in Hawaii.
- Don’t get library books unless you want bed bugs.
- Bob mentions his lower face and on that note…. the show is over….
Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply