Oh no… not another fart app?
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Bunker Project Episode 117:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero on twitter
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Paul from Australia (England actually)
Curtis Hemmingway @webguroo
Craig Griffiths @askfindbuy
Show 117 – Twitbook and Facer?
Voicemail Feedback, Youtube Comment, and an email…
- Stuart sends us an email about an online petition to label GMO foods… Everybody likes that idea but Curt says everything is GMO now so we have no choice.
- Norm calls in to say Bob is hilarious and doing a great job and doesn’t need a nose job.
- Comment on Youtube about how long the intros were… and he said we talk over each other…
Onto the show notes…
- New Microsoft Social Network – Socl
- Bob wonders if Socl will integrate Skype into Socl to make a G+ Hangout competitor.
- Karaoke Apps???
- www.mobileconduit.com – Check it out. You can make your own mobile website for free OR a mobile app. And they will help you get it into the various App Stores.
- Bonnie says that the content in an App is not searchable by search engines and the market is too crowded. Too much competition in app marketplaces.
- There are different types of Apps and different reasons for having an App.
- Kurt says might as well make a good mobile site and forget about an App that only displays content that would be on your website anyway.
- Bonnie says whether the App is awesome or not… people won’t find your app.
- Washington State legalized pot before BC because everyone in BC was too stoned to get the act together.
- Bonnie says Mobile Website real estate is much more valuable than a large monitor.
- Paul brings up a good point about responsive design.
- Andrew wants Curts opinion on responsive design vs separate mobile site design.
- Andrew called Coast Capital Savings and in the IVR it said press 5 to hear a Wood Pecker… it was hilarious.
- ING Bank was bought by Scotia Bank.
- Randall wants a wine app that will dispense the wine so he can drink it.
- They don’t pour a Guinness you build a Guinness.
- Students in Asia that didn’t have a teacher were given iPads and they taught themselves.
- Collaborative Learning: The teachers are primarily facilitators and kids learn on their own.
- Bob is the CEO of his kids.
- How many people take their Social Media to the bathroom with them…. 32%. No wonder there is so much crap on social media.
- Bluetooth Speaker in the shower head… hell ya… podcasts in the shower.
- Michael McAvie is captured… blogging from his jail cell.
- Blackberry filter on a blackberry?
10 Twitter blunders business should avoid:
- Shameless self-promotion – Bonnie said 4 educational tweets to every 1 promotional tweet.
- Repeating tweets – Bonnie says it is ok to repeat a tweet just not too much. Bonnie’s secret tip: Retweet your most popular tweet from yesterday…
- Retweeting yourself. Don’t do it. But on facebook some of us like our own stuff.
- Retweeting mentions of your own brand… Margaret doesn’t like pointless tweets like thanks for the follow… to thank her retweet one of her tweets.
- Too many hashtags – Bonnie says more than one is too many and if it isn’t related to an event than forget it.
- Generic Questions – Bonnie says NOOOO stupid questions!
- Irregular Activity – Not Tweeting for a long time and then sending tons of them.
- Robot Posts – too many scheduled posts make you look like a robot.
- Tweet Length – leave some space.
- Misleading Link Descriptions – Noooo forget it. Don’t false advertise.
- Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick