Show 109 – Social Shite
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Bunker Project Episode 109:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero on twitter & @andrewmcgivern on app.net
James Karg @twisted_majic
Mark Shore @markshore
Craig Griffiths @askfindbuy
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Sanj Sukerkar @genisysdesigns
Sumari McCleod @sumariM
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Bosco Anthony @boscoanthony
Sherry Dick @ysocialmediaca
Lisa and Shawna – The TARTS
— Andrew McGivern (@podcasthero) July 15, 2012
Show 109- Google +, Social Stak and Mary Jane
- The TARTS brought a Tart for us to sample…
- Norman (New Bunker listener) called Andrew to say Arik is a riot and the Gaming Guy was superman on the last show…
- Marcel and Bob host the Crazy TV Talk and they are doing a contest where you can win a Breaking Bad Cake… the contest is called “Caking Bad”. Bob totally forgot how to win the contest so here are the official instructions…
CAKE-ing Bad! This is the last week! If you want a fake Breaking Bad themed cake for your strange wedding:
1) Follow @CrazyTVTalk
2) Follow @FrostedKnots
3) Retweet one of the contests Tweets! Yay!
- A series of TV talk ensues…
- The Mother of All Meetups The Big SOHO Event is coming soon and The Bunker Project is one of the official Meetups so check it out
- Facebook hit a Billion users – why does Facebook need a TV ad? Because Social Media doesn’t work???
- Andrew brings up the fake Twitter… Randal says he goes to Twatter. The fake Twitter is Tvvitter.com and don’t be fooled.
- The New MySpace… coming soon.
- Ebay has a new logo… they went Helvetica. Sumari says Helvetica is the lowest of the low.
- Sumari is the Writer Maven… and we have the Sweet Tart Maven and the Spicy Tart Maven
- The Topless TARTS undress the tart… Bob photographs the tart as it is revealed and everyone gets a little piece
- This tart is 5″ so Andrew says it is the Galaxy Note of tarts…
- Andrew wants to know they have big tarts?
- Bob wants to know if they have considered making the world’s biggest tart?
- Shazam is more than just music recognition now… they are getting into the second screen space. They’ve partnered with Major League Baseball to tag games and get stats on the game and players
- Bosco brings up Social Media over promoting. Using Twitter to repeatedly promote your stuff over and over again…
- Don’t say you’re you have only 6 seats left… in every tweet for two weeks. Bad Marketing
- Bosco uses lists to manage the Social Media assholes.
- Why do people DM people with cold sales pitches?
- Should Twitter eliminate DM’s
- Jeff says DM’s help to bring the conversation offline…
- James says have an 1800 # for your customers
- How do you acknowledge negative comments on Social Media?
- Bob plugs the podcast, For Immediate Release. Great show.
- Sumari says corporate apologies need to be sincere and public
- Get to the root of the problem and eliminate source of complaints
- Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick