Show 110 – Long Live the Tarts!
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Bunker Project Episode 110:
TARTS Gone Wild!!!
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero on twitter & @andrewmcgivern on app.net
– Social Media Tip: Keep branding consistent and don’t use a cartoon image unless you want to sketch out your image every time you meet someone.
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
– Social Media Tip: Content is King
Craig Griffiths @askfindbuy
– Social Media Tip: Stick to a Schedule
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
– Social Media Tip: Be Yourself, don’t be awkward.
Marcel Lapointe @askfindbuy
– Social Media Tip: Don’t drink and Tweet
Sanj Sukerkar @genisysdesigns
– Social Media Tip: Don’t try and be everywhere… just pick a few networks and do them well.
James Karg @twisted_majic
– Social Media Tip: Remember that what you put on the internet is there forever.
Sumari McCleod @sumariM
– Social Media Tip: Don’t drink and Tweet
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
– Social Media Tip: Fill out your bio properly – what do you do?… and give us a link.
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
– Social Media Tip: Don’t cross post the same Tweet across multiple Twitter accounts at the same time.
Bosco Anthony @boscoanthony
– Social Media Tip: Don’t close me on the first date… prefer a little foreplay.
– Social Media Tip: Don’t eat yellow snow.
Sherry Dick @ysocialmediaca
– Social Media Tip: Social Media is here to stay – jump on board.
Lisa and Shawna – The TARTS
Spicy Tart– Social Media Tip: Post Topless tarts on your twitter feed
Sweet Tart – Social Media Tip: Don’t be afraid to Tart it UP!
James CTO Guy
Social Media Tip: Learn HootSuite and Tweet
Show 110.5 – Long Live the TARTS!
- The Digital Recorder failed… had to start the show over. Andrew noticed after 10 or so minutes that the digital recorder wasn’t recording… the first time the digital recorder failed.
- We started 110 with a Social Media tip of the week and redid it with new Social Media tips for 110.5
- For the original Social Tips… Here is the Youtube Video of the Show with the WHOLE thing… including the lost portion of the audio content
- Bonnie says avoid Hootsuite because other platforms are better.
- Margaret explains her IFTTT free Kindle Book recipe
- Bob explains why the Meetup will have a $5 charge starting next week. Need to pay for the hosting, podcast gear, gear repairs and more.
- Craig Griffiths is on the Google + hangout and he sent us a couple beers back in the day. We made a Youtube video where we unboxed the beer and paired it with homemade pizza at Andrew’s house… Yummmmmy.
- What is a realistic expectation for ROI on a corporate social media campaign? Jeff says what is the ROI on print ads? A warm fuzzy feeling for being in the newspaper.
- Bosco says there are companies just want to be out there and aren’t as concerned about immediate ROI.
- Craig Griffiths says that with Internet Analytics being incredibly measurable companies expect to see the analytics and want results.
- Jeff says if you’re selling a product you’re selling it to people which mean you are in the social business and if you can’t converse with your customer offline you won’t succeed online either.
- Bosco says the currency for ROI is exposure, partnership, and affiliations… not branding and immediate conversions necessarily. What is it doing for your business? not what is it doing for your paycheck?
- Bosco recently spoke at a Social Media event and was the only speaker tweeting.
- Bob says ROI from Social is communication and developing trust.
- Bob says at an event don’t sit in the corner and tweet… interact with people and meet them in person. James and Sumari disagree. A great discussion ensues. Sumari connected better with people on Twitter first as an ice breaker before engaging them in person.
- Bosco says Twitter is a great lead generation tool. Especially as a public speaker.
- Bosco talks about the Mexican Wave… Andrew asks to see the Mexican Wave and it turns out that it is the same as the Canadian Wave.
- Bob gives a great shout out to ING Direct.
- Bosco asks why James hates Apple products… His response is the Samsung Galaxy SIII has changed his life. An Apple vs Android conversation ensues.
- Major digression so time to have a drink of Black Beer.
- McDonald’s mounts iPads on the tables so you can eat your Big Mac with an iPad in your face. Won’t get Andrew into McDonald’s… maybe if they had Android Tabs or Windows 8 Tabs…
- Bob talks about Lockitron… you can open your doors with your smartphone. Margaret says who is that lazy.
- Marcel makes a homophobic comment about Kickstarter being gay and it gets into it with a few people about being gay and homophobic at the same time?? Or something like that?
- Bob and Marcel talk about Crazy TV Talk…
- Time for GAMING with JAMES
- Bad Piggies and other Angry Birds
- Super Giant games is killing it (also from Finland like Rovio)
- Mobile Gaming is like Atari back in the day when a bunch of low-quality games started being thrown into the market…
- IOS search changes make it harder to find games
- Bosco asks how EA is doing? FIFA is #1 selling sports game in the world.
- Gaming and Social Sharing
- Bosco believes that the future of Games is in game advertising.
- Freemium gaming takes the largest chunk of the gaming revenue tart.
- Bob makes a crazy comment about spamming his followers…
- Bonnie is playing Angry Birds while on the Gaming with James segment.
- Borderlands 2 just came out – check it out if you like violent games.
- Andrew asks Craig Griffiths if he still believes that Podcasting is Dead. He posted a question on a Linked In group about whether podcasting is dead. And it is a never ending thread as more and more people comment.
- Craig is asking is the enthusiast being turned aside by the big media companies and celebrity podcasters.
- Marcel says a guy that was on Big Brother does a podcast where he interviews Big Brother and Survivor contestants and is making a living from his show. He says podcasting is not dead and it actually doesn’t know what it is yet.
- Bob says passion is the key for podcasting and great marketing. If you do that you will kick butt. All TARTS all the Time…
- How to build a TART? Topless Tarts Videos?
Please just give me 12 tarts?
Marcel asks Craig if Tarts are Dead…
“Tarts are NOT Dead… Long Live the TARTS!” – Craig Griffiths
- Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick