Show 108 – Google +, Social Stak and Mary J
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the #1 platform in the world for creating websites online. The easiest way to create your own cool looking website.
Bunker Project Episode 108:
Google + and Mary Jane?
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero on twitter & @andrewmcgivern on app.net
James Karg @twisted_majic
Chad Ottahol djlefty.ca
Sasha – app developer
Bevin Thomas bevinthomas.ca
Sanj Sukerkar @genisysdesigns
Ian Nethercott @lovebuyingcars
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal >>The Wicked Wix of the West
Show 108- Google +, Social Stak and Mary Jane
- Shout out to Bob who is sick at home…
- Andrew calls James out for screwing up everyone’s last name.
- Sasha tells us about developing apps. He says don’t bother with Android
- James says we should support Blackberry
- Google + Are they trying to be more like facebook?
- Artists, Photographers, Tech Geeks and Niche topics are thriving on Google +
- James says Facebook is your past, Twitter is your present and Google +
- Andrew says he thinks the difference between G+ and Facebook is G+ is easier to connect with people based on niche topics and Facebook is your actual real-life social connections.
- Follow high-quality people on G+ and you’ll get great content for Tweets
- Myspace making a big comeback >> https://new.myspace.com/play?pm_cmp=ed_spl_2info_NEW
- Justin Timberlake is trying to turn around Myspace and the new design looks cool
- Andrew says Myspace should embrace the podcasters and web show producers to amplify their reach.
- James gives a shout out to Pinsights – Analytics for your Pinterest Pins.
- The UN tried to take over the internet – The USA rejected it. Andrew compares it to the Codex Alimentarius
- Push Notifications in Apps – proven to increase engagement and profitability
- Sanj wants to hear all about Social Stak (James’s App)
- GAMING WITH JAMES: Social Stak helps people connect and be more social
- James spoke at Start Up Weekend – He says it is a good idea to practice and stick with the presentation
- New Kickstarter for just games – Gambitious.com
- New Wii with double screen, Kinnect used to map burning buildings for firefighters
- Smart TVs and what they can do…
- Sanj doesn’t like the new Microsoft Logo
- We talk about doing a future show on Microsoft…
- Apple Maps and the controversy surrounding it
- Apple is a different company under Tim Cooks – Margaret says more like a Granny Smith
- James says Google Navigation is awesome
- California has approved the use of Autonomous Cars
- BC Municipalities have voted to decriminalize Marijuana
- James says Marijuana can cure cancer… Andrew talks about “Running From The Cure”
- Ricky Gervais came out with an app – Andrew likes it Just Sayin
- Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply