Show 102 – Samsung, Apple, Klout and more…
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
If you enjoy listening to podcasts, chances are you’ll enjoy listening to books… so check out audible.com and get a free book by using our affiliate link!
Another way to support the Bunker Project. Andrew is listening to another book – “Getting Things Done” by David Allan (Narrated by David himself!)
Bunker Project Episode 102:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Randall Orser @numbercrunchers
Bruce The Savin Maven
Marcel Lapointe @movieyearbook
James Karg @twisted_majic The Gaming Maven
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury The Twitter Maven
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal >>The Wicked Wix of the West
Dawson joins us on the Google + Hangout
Show 102 – Samsung vs Apple, Klout and more!
Round Table Intro Discussions:
- Dawson talks about some video games he developed a few years back.
- Medical Marijuana is bigger business than Starbucks and McDonalds in LA
- Facebook content vs Twitter content – funny and sarcastic stuff on Facebook and good serious content on Twitter and Linked In.
- What frequency of self promoting tweets is ok on Twitter?
- Marcel will be at Yuk Yuks for the first west coast edition of the Geeks vs Nerds. Check it out and follow them on twitter because Marcel is totally upset that nobody has followed them in real time at the Bunker Show. @WC_GeeksVsNerds
- Bruce talks about the great deal his company is offering to The Bunker Project Audience. His VIP discount card solves a lot of the problems other daily deals have. The card costs $30 but if you go to www.gvrdeals.com and use promo code Bunker to get the card for FREE!
Topics covered during the show:
- Samsung vs Apple – Smart Phone Photo Album bookmark is owned by Samsung. Who is copying who? They all copy each other?
- Will Samsung buy RIM? Samsung is dominating Android sales and is manufacturing devices running Windows Phone as well. Rumours are floating around that they want to create their own OS so why not buy RIM and run with it?…
- The iPad Mini… Randall asks if it will be called the Tampon? Someone else says the iSmall, iTiny. James admits he is a slow poke. Andrew says he would buy an iPad Mini at that price point. Awesome deal. Why buy an iPod Touch if the iPad Mini is the same price?
- The Nexus 7 – Bonnie says affiliates are giving away Nexus 7 tablets to their JV Partners / Affiliates. They used to give away iPads but now they are giving away Nexus 7′s. It shows how cool this device is.
- To Root or Not to Root – If your rooting the phone their is the risk of bricking the phone. But if you can follow instructions and don’t screw up it is easy.
- The Pet Rock – We re-invent the classic Pet Rock in this conversation.
- The Olympic Social Media Blackout – Was the blackout justified? An awesome chat about the blackout.
- The Curiosity Rover – NASA scores major points with the Mars landing…
- Twitter (and Blogger founders) start a new platform called Medium which looks interesting. Kevin Rose wrote a post on Medium all about Peeing… with Al Gore.
- Airtime fails to viral due to it being a private conversation platform. They are trying to make it more viral by posting to Twitter, etc. We’ll see what happens… James says don’t count them out… its only been a month.
- Gaming with James – Game adds girlfriend mode to make games easier for people that are as good. How challenging should a game be?
- Klout Score changes algorithm again… but no one is choked because everyone’s score went up. So everyone is happy. A good chat all about Klout and what it is all about and how it works.
- Status People – find out what people are real in your Twitter account.
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick