Show 104 – Samsung Vs Apple in the Bunker
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Bunker Project Episode 104:
Should we drop the dot… in dot com? Wix Com instead of Wix dot Com???
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero on twitter & @andrewmcgivern on app.net
Transitioned from PC to Mac for computing, Android and iPhone user – but definitely NOT a fanboy
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick on twitter and app.net
MAC Computers and Samsung Smartphones
Has a Mac Pro, doesn’t like iPhone.
Randall Orser @numbercrunchers
Loves Apple and Steve Jobs is God
Marco Pasqua ablegamers.com writer keyprinciple.com
Has Apple Products but way more on Samsung’s side
Lucas Mattiello @levelupliving
Not a fanboy but his Apple products work well for him!
Marcel Lapointe @movieyearbook
Leans towards Apple but doesn’t know how to use a computer…
Matt Astifan webfriendly.com
Doesn’t understand how anyone could dislike Apple?
James Karg @twisted_majic The Gaming Maven
James is agnostic – he develops for all platforms and is happy as long as people are using any technology!
Jason Kirby @jasonkirby
Loves his iPad but hates Apple
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury The Twitter Maven (arrives a little late)
Loves Samsung… wants to be the “F U Apple Maven”
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal >>The Wicked Wix of the West
Loves her iPhone but not a fangirl
Christina Wiza @bwizachristina
Her parents are Apple and her siblings are Samsung but she is sticking with her Blackberry!!!
Gordon Ching @gordondondon
Loyal Apple Fan and user!
Show 104 – Samsung Vs Apple Bunker Style
App.Net looks like it will be cool
- Randall recommends Wave Accounting… free!
- James wants to know if Bob’s personality is patentable
- Design Patents? How can you patent a rectangle? And rounded corners?
- Andrei says Samsung lawyers did a good job making everyone think the case was about rounded corners
- Is the message sent a good one? $1 Billion decision – Andre says yes!
- Bob says the more choice the better, Andre says legitimate choice not illegally copied products
- Bonnie asks should some of those patents have been given to them in the first place
- Andrew brings up Apples new podcasting patent
- Is the problem the patent system?
- Bonnie posted a youtube video showing Apple hasn’t invented hardly anything since Steve Wozniak left
- Andrei makes a good point about Apple offering a licensing agreement that Samsung refused
- One benefit of these legal proceedings is we will test what can be patented and held up in court
- A long digression about Google Car, Google Glasses and more
- Andrew reads a blog post about Samsung orchestrating the best Billion Dollar ad Campaign
- Gaming with James – Happy 40th birthday to Video Games, Zynga COO says bye bye, Onlive – WTF, EA brings women’s hockey into NHL 2013 and even more…
- Motorola is suing Apple and seeking injunctions against all iPods, iPhones, iPods and Macs…
- James gets the Aisec people talking – Bob wants them to do a Podcast.
- The first Windows Phone 8 is coming from Samsung not Nokia
- Last thought from the lawyer on our Maven Panel… Some patents should be shorter
- Andrew wants to know what is the solution
- Randall says we should patent our farts… Andrew says does Google have the power to calculate how many farts there actually are?
- Should living organisms be patentable… last thought from Andrew
- Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick