Women vs Men in Social Media
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Tweet about this episode and put a play button in your Twitter Feed!!!
Bunker Project Episode 140
The Bunker Project is brought to you by Okanagan Spring Brewmaster Black.
Bunker Mavens in attendance:
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Randall Orser @numbercrunchers
Ian Nethercott @lovebuyingcars
Marcel Lapointe @ unknown
Sanj Sukerkar @genesysdesigns
Ken McGrath @kenamcg
James Karg @twisted_majic
Bob brings up the British Comedy skit that made fun of dart players drinking during competitive darts. After this skit aired the government disallowed alcohol during games.
After this skit aired the government disallowed alcohol during games.
Round Table Intros:
Round Table Intro Question: Name, Twitter Handle and How do Men and Women do Social Media differently?
• Andrew said that he thinks that Women are more social on Social Media than men are. More Cats and Kittens are posted by Women.
• Bonnie said that Women are better at pinning stuff… She says there are more Women and more Old Women purchasing technology than men… Andrew says Women Talking Tech should be called Women Talking Smack.
• Margaret said that Women are known as better communicators and may be better at using Social Media than Men.
• Marcel said that better at communicating = better at nagging. But there isn’t much difference between men and women. But he’d like to take this opportunity to promote his new book “Social Media is Fish” and he has no idea why Facebook isn’t called Fishbook.
• Sanj said that most of his gal friends share a lot of cats on social media and are definitely better at it.
• Randall said Women do it differently.
• Ian said there are good men and good women on social media. Andrew asks what percentage of men vs women are ass clowns online.
• James does his best Sanj impersonation… James said women are knowledge givers and men are story tellers. Good answer.
• Ken said that the one reason that women are better at Social Media because of one word – MultiTasking.
• Bob said the ratio for waves and waves back… huh? Oh, he is waving at the girls as they walk by outside. Bob said that men are better at using systems because they just want to get it over with and women love the actual process of socializing.
Bonnie gives us her review on Windows Phone 8.
• Very easy to use
• Business friendly
• Totally different from Android but it is very easy to learn.
• Andrew asks what she likes best about the phone. She likes the simplicity of the OS and also the availability of MS Office.
• Not as many apps are available but quite often pinning the mobile site (if there is one) to the home page works just as well.
• The virtual keyboard is one of the best she has used.
Social Media #FAIL
• Kitchen makeovers – this couple got in a war on Social Media.
• Now they are claiming they are hacked and said they would never say these things.
• Bob asks if this bad publicity will help them or hurt them? Marcel asks if there is such a thing bad publicity.
• Marcel said that because it isn’t an established brand it might work out for them but for established brands like Applebees it will hurt them. Interesting point.
• Paul asked if Gordon Ramsay ever gets bad publicity for being an asshole. He said maybe his food isn’t very good.
• Bob wants to talk about the restaurant that said they would only serve Christians… Paul wants to know how they will serve the Christians… Fried, Broiled, Stuffed.. ???
Gaming with James:
• Xbox drops the point system.
• Andrew tried Smart Glass and it works well.
• Bob asks what game system you should get if your buying one now. James likes what he’s heard about the new XBox.
• Does the Oculus Rift have a future in Social Media?
• Steam is bringing out Trading Cards to go along with its games.
Call Toll Free 1-877-636-1474 and join the conversation on the show….
Thanks to Okanagan Spring Brewery for sponsoring the show!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks to our new sponsor Okanagan Spring Brewery for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Brewmaster Black is the most popular beer at The Bunker Project and is our beer of choice.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick