Show 112 – This is Bunker Com!
This episode of the Bunker Project is one of the funniest episodes in a long time. While recording it I thought it was funny and kind of messed up.
But listening to it a week later, I laughed my ass off.
Now I need new jeans.
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the #1 platform in the world for creating websites online. The easiest way to create your own cool looking website.
This is Bunker Com!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN from the Bunker Show!
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero on twitter & @andrewmcgivern on app.net
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Ian Nethercott @lovebuyingcars
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Marcel Lapointe @crazytvtalk
James Karg @twisted_majic
Show 112 – The Infinite is Possible at Bunker Com!
- Bob mentions that he tweeted too much and they temporarily suspended his account.
- So just Google Bob Garlick to find Bob.
- Microsoft and RIM get trashed once again by the Bunker Mavens.
- Andrew talks about Blackberry 10 and Blackberry Mobile Fusion.
- Randall and Ian don’t think there will be a future for RIM. They predict the market will not be friendly to BB10.
- Margaret has two Wix.com sites and she is the original Wicked Wix of the West.
- Arik gives great SEO talks at Online Business Optimization.
- More talk about Crazy TV Talk
- Caking bad competition is extended:
CAKE-ing Bad! This is the last week! If you want a fake Breaking Bad themed cake for your strange wedding:
1) Follow @CrazyTVTalk
2) Follow @FrostedKnots
3) Retweet one of the contests Tweets! Yay!
- Can a person be a brand?
- Can a regular person be a brand? Or just celebrities?
- An entirely new industry exists helping people to “brand” themselves.
- Ian says branding is irrelevant? So 20 years ago…
- Wikipedia Definition –
Personal branding is, for some people, a description of the process whereby people and their careers are marked as brands. It has been noted that while previous self-help management techniques were about self-improvement, the personal branding concept suggests instead that success comes from self-packaging. Further defined as the creation of an asset that pertains to a particular person or individual; this includes but is not limited to the body, clothing, appearance and knowledge contained within, leading to an indelible impression that is uniquely distinguishable. The term is thought to have been first used and discussed in a 1997 article by Tom Peters.
Personal branding often involves the application of one’s name to various products. For example, celebrity real-estate mogul Donald Trump uses his last name extensively on his buildings and on the products he endorses (e.g., Trump Steaks).
- Ian says that you’re not Coca-Cola so don’t try to be. Just be yourself. Success is making a living doing what you love. No need to waste time branding.
- Marcel comes back to the Bunker room with a Martini (the first of many…)
- Ian talks about trashing brands like Subway on Foursquare… they responded to the positive comment and ignored the negative.
- Bob believes that a person can be a brand… If you already have a personal following you can brand yourself. If you are a small business or solopreneur you can be a brand.
- Marcel says we have proven through this conversation that people can be a brand.
- On Social Media are you promoting yourself or providing value?
- Margaret rarely ever takes people back to her website…
- She provides relevant links to what her target market likes.
- The show is going a little crazy… listen to see what I mean!
- Andrew bought a new mic…
The Audio-Technica ATR2100 is both a USB microphone and an XLR microphone. It sounds great and can be used directly plugged into a computer or you can plug into your mixer. It has an audio jack built into the mic for monitoring.
Very cool mic for the cheap, cheap price of only $43!!!
A great starter mic for an aspiring podcaster. You can start with this mic and when you upgrade gear you don’t need to change your mic…
- Andrew purchased an iPhone podcasting app…
This app allows you to play intro and outro music with a 6 track cart system. You could put voicemail feedback, music, intros, outros on there. It has on-screen faders and it is impressive.
Andrew gives a quick demo using the old theme song from The Bunker Project to show what it sounds like.
Pretty cool… for $10 you get an all in one podcasting studio. Sort of.
- Marcel can’t get the dirty jokes out this time… everyone is beating him to the punch… line.
- Andrew is trying to bring Zombo.com into the mixer but the audio won’t come through. Zombo Com is the greatest website ever.
- James Karg shows up towards the end of the show just in time for…
- GAMING WITH JAMES
- During Apple’s keynote, Zynga let go of a ton of people. Trying not to be noticed.
- James talks about some new games coming out.
- Dawson Valdez is in the house… last time he was here he was on the hangout while in California. Dawson is working on Social Stak with James.
- Andrew asks about the new game from the Wing Commander games.
- James gives a shout out to MoSocial – Movember is coming. James and Marcel is growing a stash. Andrew says he might do it too… as long as the money doesn’t go to the pharmaceutical industry. Which… basically, it does.
- Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply