The Bunker Election Coverage, Marijuana and iFone
Just in case you wanted to hear a Bunker Project style analysis of the United States election 2012…. here it is! A bunch of Canadians drinking beer and talking about American politics.
And of course how could we not talk about , the iFone vs iPhone case in Mexico.
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the #1 platform in the world for creating websites online. The easiest way to create your own cool looking website.
Bunker Project Episode 113:
Obama Com returns!
American Politics, Social Media and Black Beer!
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero on twitter & @andrewmcgivern on app.net
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Arik Sternberg @arik_sternberg
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
James Karg @twisted_majic
Paul the Rock God @paultherockgod
Ken MacGrath @kenmacgrath
Show 113 – Election, Marijuana and iFone.
- Paul says if you join Twitter use a picture and not the Egg! Or the Bunker Mavens will swoop down and Twit Slap you.
- Bosco Anthony puts on a great seminar and mentioned the Bunker Project many times so thanks for the shout out Bosco.
- There was nothing else on TV so we all watched the US Election.
- Arik brings up a point about how analytics wins… The hard data analytics won!
- Bosco brings up Donald Trump’s rant on Twitter
- Participatory Democracy – will we be voting on everything via our smart phones in the future.
- Digital voting would remove the barrier to entry…
- James will gamify the election.
- Only people with a high Klout score should be able to vote
Marijuana legalized in a few states…
- How will it affect Canada? Will we follow the lead of Washington and Colorado?
- Still a controlled substance federally. The Federal Government may still enforce it.
- Too many threatened industries with Marijuana – cotton, big pharma.
iFone vs iPhone
- Apple sues iFone in Mexico even though iFone had the brand four years before the iPhone came out.
- Apple lost the case and can no longer sell the iPhone under the iPhone name
- Now, iFone is suing Apple for damages…
- Apple is being a little too sue happy and they are getting some of their own now.
Microsoft is making their own phone?
- They came out with the surface and rumours are they are coming out with their own phone.
- Arik says that it coming out with their own hardware is a bad move. The future is not in hardware but is the user interface. MS is placed best in the marketplace to bring out a UI that everyone adopts. Wearable technology… software in the cloud.
- Windows 8 UI is touch screen based and the timing is good. The population is trained to use touch screens now.
- Voice Command, eye tracking, glasses… Bob likes the iTooth.
- James likes the iCondom – alarm sound when diseases are detected.
Gaming with James…
- James and Dawson didn’t watch the election… they played Halo 4 instead.
- Xbox infinity or 760
- Kinect 2
- Is Microsoft monitoring me through the Kinect camera?
- New Black Ops coming soon…
- Battle of the big Three for Christmas… Halo vs Assassins Creed vs Call Of Duty.
- Halo 4 vs Halo 3
- Angry Birds Star Wars
- Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply