Use Nimble and Find the GBox
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Tweet about this episode and put a play button in your Twitter Feed!!!
Bunker Project Episode 134: Finding the GBox?
Summary: We talk about using Nimble as a Social CRM after a long Round Table Intro where we answer Norms GBox question.
Norm calls in to ask if anybody has heard about the Android Media Box or the GBox?
Carlo calls in with a Linked In question for Ian…
Bunker Mavens in attendance:
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury (joined us at the end of the show)Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegalAndrew McGivern @podcastheroBob Garlick @bobgarlick (Made it for the end of the show)James Karg @twisted_majicTroy Tyrell @tsquaredBrian Street @Norm (The Norm Maven) via voicemail feedback Listen to the episode and read the full show notes to get all the details.
Round Table Intros:
Round Table Intro Question: Name, Twitter Handle and have you heard of the GBox?
• Bonnie said she spent 3 1/2 years in a cubicle with a guy that only talked about video games and peeler bars. So the whole time she listened to music. Leo Laporte was her first podcast. Does she not know what GBox is?
• Margaret said the Bunker Project was the first ever podcast she listened to and she never had a cubicle… she had an office and could shut her door! She doesn’t know what the @#$% GBox is.
• Troy doesn’t know anything about a Box… the electronic box that is. Troy mentions he trains Spandy Andy. Marcel asks who is Spandy Andy?
• James said the GBox is extremely hard to find. He hasn’t heard of it at all.
• Margaret says Norm knows us well enough to mess with us. Marcel said no way… Norm actually cares what we have to say.
• James said that most strippers are gamers now. James said if your going for a stripper pick one that is fiscally minded and forward thinking.
• James first podcast was The Bunker Project or Geek Beat.
• Sanj is wondering what is going on? He signed up for a social media Meetup and everyone is talking GBox? The first podcast Sanj ever listenBed to was also The Bunker Project.
• Marcel has no clue what the GBox is? His first podcast was The Bunker Project! And now he listens to a ton of them and is a podcaster himself.
• Brian hasn’t heard of the GBox but knows about Music Box Dancer. His first podcast was a Blog Talk Radio show that Bonnie did a few years back.
• Roberto in the hangout actually HAS heard about the GBox. Marcel freaks out that he actually knows and the Google Hangout dies…
• Marcel said the universe is against us knowing what the GBox is? But Roberto is back… and it is at www.androidtvbox.us.
• The GBox is a little android microcomputer.
Linked In Question from Carlo:
The Italian Stallion Maven, Carlo, calls in and asks how to use Linked In to get leads for high-end software sales in the medical industry.
• Ian said first and foremost, identify who the purchasers are.
• Second, participate in Linked In groups and people that are looking for a better solution will identify themselves.
• Ian said that to find them you can definitely search on Linked In. He recommends getting a paid Linked In account.
• Identify the pain points that your solution solves and ask questions that will position your product as the solution.
• Nimble is a social CRM that makes it easy to prospect your social media network.
• Margaret is using Nimble and loves it. She said it is awesome but a little creepy.
• You can automatically import your GMail, Linked In, Twitter, Facebook, and more contacts into Nimble.
• The Pro Account is $15 per month and is good for a small business. The free version only allows you to import 3000 contacts and do 5 deals.
• Margaret says try the two week free trial.
• Andrew tried the free version and one social profile filled up his contact list.
• Margaret said think twice before adding Twitter or Linked In because you can still search for people by name even if they aren’t in your contacts.
• You don’t need to be overly technical. It is easy to use and doesn’t take a lot of time or effort.
• Andrew said it reminds him of Raportive. Bonnie agrees.
• Nimble just integrated with Hootsuite which allows you to bring up the contact in Nimble.
• Bob, Margaret and Bonnie don’t like to use social logins.
• Bonnie will be getting into Nimble soon…
Should you publicly shame your customers on social media?
• A restaurant owner Tweeted out the names of customers that didn’t show up for their reservations?
• Dongle Gate?
• Should you call people out on Social Media? It could backfire on you.
• Bonnie said some nasty things in the chat while watching the Mars landing.
• If someone in your Social Network is in the news or mentioned in a blog it will put them in your Newsle magazine.
• Bonnie signed up for herself but also wants to set up for her clients accounts but they force you to use your own name.
Marcel asks what the @#$% is a TalkWalker Alert. – It’s a replacement for Google Alerts and it works quite well.
We ask Roberto how he is managing his podcast?
• Where is he hosting the audio files?
• How is he marketing the show?
We talk about Libsyn and Blubrry. SoundCloud has a great new unlimited plan for only 9 Euros.
Andrew didn’t get a response from SoundCloud and it was over two weeks ago. Andrew emailed Rebelmouse with an issue and they emailed back in less than two hours with the solution.
Gaming with James:
• Lucas Arts gets killed by Disney.
• BioShock 3 came out.
• Bob asks if there a Game of Thrones game.
Call Toll Free 1-877-636-1474 and join the conversation on the show….
Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks to our new sponsor Okanagan Spring Brewery for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Brewmaster Black is the most popular beer at The Bunker Project and is our beer of choice.
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick