Sexy Social Media
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Bunker Project Episode 130:
Andrew says this episode of the Bunker Project is bull’s eye, bull’s eye, double 15. Bob wants to know what kind of darts Andrew plays with and a conversation about straight darts vs gay darts ensues… Andrew didn’t have a question of the day planned and asks Bob what he thinks we should ask during the round table… What social platform did you first use to have sex? Listen to the show to find out what happens next… We move on from there 30 minutes later to talk about the movie industry and the recent 6 strikes agreement between United States ISPs.
Show 130 – Sex and Social Media
Round Table Intros:
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Ken McGrath @kenamcg
James Karg @twisted_majic
The Norm Maven ( via voicemail feedback )
Round Table Intro Question: Name, Twitter Handle and what social platform did you first use to get some action? (Bob’s question)
- Bonnie said her first social media action site was Plenty Of Fish.
- James said his first Social Media action came from MSN Chat, Quora, ICQ, Facebook and a couple others to get lucky. Then he said he was just kidding…
- Norm calls in Voicemail Feedback and says he loved it that Bonnie said that Norm is a podcast slut.
- The Movie Trailer Maven from our hangout talks about his new Nexus 4 and he never used a social platform to get lucky because he’s been married before Social Media existed. Check out www.trailerclash.com.
- Margaret says Lavalife is the action site and Twitter is the business platform.
- Marcel said Gay.com and Grinder are where it is at for him. Marcel said Blender is the straight Grinder.
- The fake Byron loves Social Media. He isn’t into it too much but sees how important it is in our lives.
- Paul said the Social Platform that works for him is tons of alcohol, really fast. He said forget about Social Media, go to the pub where you can connect physically.
- Andrew said there was this one time a long time ago on a Spanish language site where nothing really happened. Andrew agrees with Paul… in person is better than long distance social media.
- Matt said the only time he got lucky through Social Media was Myspace but it was his bands Myspace page. Matt agrees with Paul he likes to go to the bar. Andrew asks what does Matt use for his Squeeze Page.
- Ken says the internet didn’t even exist back when he was single.
- Roberto said is that Mic in your pocket or are you happy to see me.
6 strikes and your out.
The carriers in the States have colluded to refuse the internet to people who have been warned 6 times.
- Marcel said this is garbage and the networks need to get with the times.
- Southpark gave all their episodes away online but still went on to sell tons of DVD’s and get deals on Comedy Central, etc.
- Ken said they’ve been taking too much advice from the Music Industry on how to deal with the internet.
- Paul said it is all the lawyer’s fault.
- Marcel said this rule is ridiculous.
- Ken said you are guilty until proven innocent and that is a problem.
- Marcel says slapping people down will only piss them off and make them not buy your stuff.
- James said the internet is now part of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs so they shouldn’t mess with it.
- Margaret said doesn’t the music industry still make money.
- Ken talks about the music industry put copy protection on the outer rim of CDs which could be bypassed with a felt marker. So the response was to try to get the government to tax felt markers.
- Marcel said the money is in the extra value. Ken said quit being lazy and put something else on the CD and charge more for it.
- James said the more people pirate a game the more the game sells. People end up buying the games later.
- Bonnie is wondering if changing the business model doesn’t make more sense. Give the movie away for free and make more money in concerts, merchandise, online events, etc.
- Margaret brings up Youtube going with a paid subscription model for some channels.
- Crowdfunding is another way to raise money…
Call Toll Free 1-877-636-1474 and join the conversation on the show….
Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply