Review of Glossi Social Media Aggregator
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
Bunker Project Episode 120:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Ken MacGrath @kenamcg
Show 120 – Happy New Year!
- We’ve reached the dart announcer episodes…. One Hundred and Twenty!!!!!
- We are snowed out again at the Bunker Show… and this show is 100 % Google + Hangout and we are not at the Bunker Bar.
- Andrew asks if Bob got anything good for Christmas….
- Bob is drinking a couple bottles of wine this show!
- Bonnie has more Twitter followers…
- Ken is loving the Google + Community
- Marcel wants to know the difference between Facebook Groups and Google + Communities.
- People on G+ take the communities more seriously than on Facebook groups. Bob disagrees but a digression distracts him from his rebuttal.
- Randal says he is like Santa. When he thinks of you he touches his elf.
- Bob says if you make a Google + Hangout logo make it a Canadian flag.
On to the show notes…
Google + Hangouts vs Facebook Groups
- G+ Communities are easier to get to than Facebook Groups.
- Is Facebook more confusing? G+ is more engaging.
- Disagreement over whether to keep the notifications directly coming to email.
- Digression: Bonnie likes the Banana Slicer on Amazon… 734 reviews and counting.
The end of the World:
- Why do people care about the Mayan Calendar… we moved onto the Gregorian calendar ages ago.
- Marcel likes the Mayan Apocolypse because it is the last well known predicted paranoid end of the world prediction… any more doomsdays?
- Bob asks his daughters if they want to say hi on the show and it turns out they are watching the show live on Youtube! The end of the world for Bob apparently.
- There is going to be a Beer Hangout with Apocolypse Beers – update: Marcel went to the Craft Beer hangout and reviewed a beer – The Men’s Room.
Glos.si reviewed live on the Bunker Show
- Bonnie gives us her first impression about the Social Aggregator Glos.si
- It aggregates your social media content into one beautifully designed platform
- While Bonnie was speaking we all signed up and got our names.
- The default settings even look good on glos.si
- Bob checks out the content that is on our glos.si pages
- Bonnie said if you have really good control of the content on your social channels you can customize your message very well.
- Bonnie said that another similar site is Twylah.
- Andrew asks Bonnie how she is going to use Glos.si. She is going to use it as her Social Home Base. And to stagger messages as they come in through different platforms at various times.
- The other cool feature is the ability to share the content right from the page. Very easy.
- Andrew likes Glos.si better than Rebel Mouse.
- Everyone in the Hangout is impressed with Glos.si
- Get a custom domain by getting 3 friends to sign up.
Marcel says he had so much fun at the Bunker Project since he first came to the show. Marcel says thanks to everyone at the Bunker Show and says everyone is awesome.
- Andrew asks if anyone has the new myspace… the new what? Andrew still hasn’t got an invite yet.
- Bob registered for it but it looks like the old myspace.
- Andrew reads a message from Meetup… Paul says… “I was there and so was the other Paul and nobody was there? What happened?”
- Andrew says thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring the show. Bob says Wix is the way to go.
Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the
Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick