That’s what she said…
The Bunker Project is a great place to hangout, drink beer and talk tech. That’s what she said…
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Bunker Project Episode 114:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero on twitter & @andrewmcgivern on app.net
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Randal Orser @numbercrunchers
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal
Dawson – Master Chief Technologist
James Karg @twisted_majic
Marcel Lapointe @crazytvtalk
Ken MacGrath @kenmacgrath
Show 114 – That’s what she said…
The Round Table Intros…
- Bonnie is putting on a Twitter for business training class – www.socialmediasmarter.com
- Bonnie will be putting on more training sessions and on-demand webinars
- James talks about the new Halo game, Bonnie said she has a halo
- Bonnie has surpassed 90 000 Twitter followers…and she is starting her own internet radio show soon
- Margaret is launching a new Google + Hangout show… “To Finance And Protect”
- And another one called “Death and Taxes, how to screw Syria out of money on Youtube”
- Marcel talks about Lucas Films being purchased by Disney. Could be good, could be bad but at least it will be something… They handled Marvel with respect and apparently Hasbro is the next Disney acquisition.
- Randal makes a bad joke about Blackberry…
- More chat about the US Election results
- The Donald tweets and rants on Youtube…
- Sergei from Google also posted about US electoral reform
- Dawson and Marcel say a lot of gay stuff went on in the election too…
That’s what she said…
- Bonnie tried using a Chrome book as her primary device… she said it doesn’t work staying in the cloud all the time.
- Bonnie likes the Windows 8 platform… prefers Windows 8 Pro over RT
- Bonnie makes a HUGE observation – Windows 8 and the way they display information on an organic search will change from pages to a scrolling news feed. Whats the point here? Page one won’t be so important anymore… Wow! Being above the fold would not be as important with a fluid scroll.
- Paid search results could “stick”… the scroll would stop at a sponsored search
Android phones know too much about you…
- Some apps have access to your device’s camera, can send text messages, can make phone calls… all without your knowledge…
- Marcel says who cares… people can know anything about him… Andrew says it isn’t just about privacy. If an app can text people or call people it could cause some serious issues.
- James says only go with reputable apps and read the permissions before you install it.
- Andrew says most people look at that stuff and say “Meh” and install it because it’s a cool app
- Path took some heat for databasing people’s address book in order to notify you when your friends joined the service
- Randal wants an app that will make his phone vibrate when he thinks dirty thoughts…. ???
Do we own our eBooks or are leasing them?
- When you buy an eBook you aren’t buying it you’re leasing the it… even though it says ‘Buy Now’ when you pay for it.
- Digital rights – you have a license for the product
- Can you pass your electronic content to your heirs when you die?
Largest penalty for BitTorrent uploads
- Huge judgment against a guy who uploaded 10 porno movies and allowed them to be distributed on BitTorrent
- Over a million dollars…
- Apparently the guy didn’t defend himself in court so they gave him the maximum allowable damages
- James and Marcel says the porn industry has spearheaded a lot of our current internet technology
Instagram Web Profiles
- You can now have a web presence for your Instagram picture collection
- Twitter tried to buy Instagram and failed… facebook ended up getting them
- Now Twitter is launching their own Photo Filters which will compete with Instagram – won’t have to leave twitter to tweet out your filtered pics.
Gaming With James…
- James and Dawson will be facing the Water Street Dragons to pitch Social Stak for investment $$$
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Amazing
- Freemium Games: New Platform (android based) that is 100% freemium based. Kickstarter project
- Bob describes what a Dev Kit is but he starts describing a Gimp Kit instead
- Is Windows 8 attractive for developers – James and Dawson say hell ya!
- XBox Smart Glass – what is it? Uses some of the features of the Xbox platform that typically aren’t used by games like dashboards, etc. It allows your-your smartphone to be your XBox controller
- Please, please, don’t drink and podcast…
- That’s what she said…
- Wix.com is easy to use and kicks butt… make a site using Wix this week!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick