Show 94 – The Gamification of Conversation!
In this episode of the Bunker Show we talk about the new Microsoft Surface Tablet, the fall of RIM and whether Facebook will acquire them and much, much more. James gets his own segment music for Gaming with James. Bob is liking his new microphone.
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the #1 platform in the world for creating websites online. The easiest way to create your own cool looking website.
Bunker Project Episode 94:
The Gamification of Conversation
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
James Karg @twisted_majic
Marcel Lapointe @movieyearbook
Satomi Hirano goodbyetax.ca
Sanj Sukejar @genisysdesign
Show 94 – The Microsoft Surface and more
Topics covered in this week’s show:
- Netflix movie challenge guy (Mark Malkoff) gets noticed and rewarded!
- Bonnie talks about a friend of hers having to build a great website using Wix.com all by himself
- Andrew thinks Microsoft will make a big mobile come back with the surface
- Surface tablet will compete with the iPad and the Macbook Air
- Will Facebook buy RIM – Andrew and James think so.
- Gaming with James – Pocket Planes, Vending Machine that gives you sample ice teas for a tweet, Political Donations via text messaging
- James is doing a sociological study on Airtime – Does James or a puppet get more talk time on Airtime?
- The Bunker Project land line internet connection is down – need a sponsor to get better internet to the back of the bar
- Bonnie said someone created a new computer virus that only targets Apples – it’s a worm!
- If you don’t pay your taxes in Pakistan – you may receive some friendly Transexual Persuasion!
- Journalist Malcolm Gladwell says history will remember Bill Gates fondly while Steve Jobs slips into obscurity
- Loving Every Minute Of It and other Loverboy songs
- Malcolm Gladwell’s Tipping Point– The Maven name came from this book!
- Rovio may be moving to Dublin for better access to good black beer – using lower tax rates as an excuse to get their Guinness!
- Episode 100 is approaching…
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply