Show 100 – The Bunker Project 100th Episode party!!!
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Bunker Project Episode 100:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Marcel Lapointe @movieyearbook
Satomi Hirano The Transition Maven
The Shy Maven (doesn’t speak)
Arik Sternberg @arik_sternberg
Jim Peskin The Translation Maven
James Karg @twisted_majic The Gaming Maven
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury The Twitter Maven
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal >>The Wicked Wix of the West
@mortagedivabc The Mortgage Maven
Johnathan Christian @jdgem The Happening Maven
Gary – The Jazz and Blues Maven
The Unkown Maven
The Natural Maven
Super Sam @cantaxpro
Dean Wilkins The Ravin Mavin
Amber and Sukhi – The Barter Mavens
Craig Addy – The Music Maven – People lie under his piano and get a vibrational massage
Cathy Browne – The Blind Photography Maven
Lorraine Murphy The Internet Drama Maven @raincoaster
Show 100- Bunker Project 100th Episode Party!!!
Topics covered in this weeks show:
- The German Maven shipped some party hats, balloons and noise makers… Andrew reads a card sent from Astrid to all the Bunker Mavens – Andrew tries to read the German but fails miserably. She sent some Twitter Shots which are shots of alcohol 140 mg or less.
- Prizes Galore from our sponsors: Wix.com, Okanagan Springs Brewery, First Canadian Barter Exchange and Budha Board. A plethora of Wix tee shirts was handed out during the show…
- The Piano Maven offers another prize – An Under The Piano Session where you go under his piano while he plays and get a vibrational massage!
- Bob describes the History of Podcasting 2013 Calendar while Andrew flips through the calendar for the benefit of our Youtube viewers. The 100th Episode party was broadcast live via Google Hangouts on Air.
- Arik Sternberg, The Optimizer Maven, asks Bob and Andrew to remember favourite episodes and to get us started he hands out a bag of spicy brittle chocolate almond things. A throwback to the chocolate – black beer pairing episode. A great digression.
- James talks about his favourite shows – The Kermit the Frog show and the Popcorn Maven show were his favourites. He credits the Bunker Show for his new found appreciation for beer. And now he is a regular at the Friday Craft Beer Hangout. Andrew has joined them a few times and verifies it is a good time and educational too!
- Bonnie and Margarets favourite show was the show with The Mighty Quin and DJ Lefty.
- Ryan says there are always little nuggets at the Bunker Show… but you have to really listen.
- Cathy Browne has been sending pictures through Instagram. Her pics rule! James is still using her picture of him as his avatar
- The Unkown Maven also lists The Popcorn Maven Show as his favourite…
- The Movie Maven said Show 97 was his favourite show because of his witty antics. Andrew said that Show 98 was funnier because of Marcel’s interactions with the Gypsy and Rock Star Maven
- Sanj said the first time he came to the show he thought to himself… What a waste of time! But he kept coming back and gets tons of value from Bonnie and Margaret.
- Andrew gives a review of Pitch – The Instagram of Video. Very cool and powered by Dream Works. Check it out.
- Lorraine Murphy talks with Andrew and Bob about being the cause of The Bunker Project explicit rating. Bob talks about calling the government to find out what you can and can’t say a podcast. A long conversation about George Carlin and podcast rating systems.
- Arik asks Bob how he feels about hitting 100 episodes in Vancouver… The short answer, We Don’t Care! We love to podcast and have fun at the show. And that’s why we do it.
- Gaming with James – A series of cookie monster, Kermit the frog and Bob Garlick impersonations ensue before James gets into a Foursquare game called Turf. Monopoly meets Foursquare. James gives it a thumbs up but it is currently only an iOS app. Android will be coming. The cool thing is this was funded by Kickstarter and is now available. Very Cool. Kickstarter projects get made!New Gaming Studio is coming to Vancouver and James predicts a flood of casual gaming companies will be coming to Vancouver.
James talks about more women entering the gaming industry.
Have any Gaming with James questions – Call 1-877-636-1474 and James will answer your question in the show.
- Bob fills up the Twitter shots with Fireball Whiskey
- Its a Wix Tee Shirt Give Away!!! It’s raining Wix…
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick