Show 99 – The Gretzky of Bunker Shows
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Bunker Project Episode 99:
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Marcel Lapointe @movieyearbook
Satomi Hirano The Transition Maven
The Shy Maven (doesn’t speak)
Arik Sternberg @arik_sternberg
Jim Peskin The Translation Maven
James Karg @twisted_majic The Gaming Maven
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury The Twitter Maven
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal >>The Wicked Wix of the West
@mortagedivabc The Mortgage Maven
Johnathan Christian @jdgem The Happening Maven
Gary – The Jazz and Blues Maven
The Unkown Maven
The Natural Maven
Super Sam @cantaxpro
Dean Wilkins The Ravin Mavin
Amber and Sukhi – The Barter Mavens
Craig Addy – The Music Maven – People lie under his piano and get a vibrational massage
Cathy Browne – The Blind Photography Maven
Lorraine Murphy The Internet Drama Maven @raincoaster
Show 99 – The Gretzky of Bunker Shows/h2>
Topics covered in this week’s show:
- An update from Raincoaster – now a reporter for The Daily Dot
- Linked In redesign – The site gets an update. Looks better but it is pretty much the same. Bob likes the new design.
- The New Digg blows away the Old Digg – Arik talks about the Gamification of the Old Digg. The top 1000 users monopolized the system and took control of Digg. Lorraine talks about Digg and Reddit.
- Social Media Marketing is only one factor – Businesses should be balancing their marketing efforts.
- Bob loves Jelly Bean on Android – Andrew talks about why Android segmentation confuses consumers.
- Mountain Lion Sales hit 3 Million in a few days! – Windows 8 follows Apple’s example and offers cheap upgrades.
- Gaming with James – Ouya may be for real but this week James talks about Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Glasses. They raised $1000 0000 in 1 day.
- Bonnie talks about the key highlights of her trip to LA – spent the week learning from Alex Mandossian.
- Bonnie has a new way of using WordPress. Her favourite social plugin is DigDig.
- The Bartender Maven offers us a FREE beer from the sponsor of our 100th episode – Okanogan Springs!
- Wix.com is the best
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick|