Show 93 – Taking the piss out of TouchWiz?
In this episode of the Bunker Show, we talk about some podcasts we enjoy listening to iOS vs Google, Commun.it and more…
Bunker Project Episode 93:
iOS 6, Apple’s War on Google and more…
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
James Karg @twisted_majic
Marcel Lapointe @movieyearbook
Satomi Hirano goodbyetax.ca
Sanj Sukejar @genisysdesign
Show 93 – James takes the piss out of TouchWiz
We were planning on bringing in the folks from the Paper Bees iOS game which is a pretty cool game that we’ve been checking out. Unfortunately, our internet cable here at the Bunker Bar is damaged and we don’t have reliable internet bandwidth to do a Google Hangout this week… we should have the problem solved for next time…
Topics covered in this week’s show:
- iTunes – Apple pushing podcasts out of iOS version of iTunes
- Andrew recommends “The Rise To The Top” with David Siteman Garland and Bob recommends “For Immediate Release“. Both are great podcasts.
- Steve Jobs thermonuclear war on Google – Will it continue?
- iOS 6 features and cool functionality
- iOS Apps
- Co-op Car, Zip Car, Car2Go digression
- Location-based apps – foursquare, path, etc
- Why does foursquare use the term “Mayer”? Who wants to be the mayor? Why not King? Or Queen? Or Pimp? Or anything else?
- Google Maps, Google Places / Google + Local
- Social Media tool – Commun.it
- SEO Tool – brandyourself.com/
- Bonnie sells us all on Buffer and why she likes it better than Hootsuite
- Searching for the Perfect Tweet – Algorithm designed to predict which tweets are likely to trend based on a number of factors.
- Android already offers more features than iOS 6
- And much, much more…
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick