Your Hootsuite or Mine?
The Bunker Project is recorded with a live interactive studio audience. Join us for a show in person in downtown Vancouver or via Google + Hangout. Or watch live on Hangouts On Air.
The Bunker Project is brought to you by Okanagan Spring Brewmaster Black.
Bob talks about how we are not going to do the roundtable intros anymore because they take so much time but we decided to do a quick one this time.
Bunker Project Episode 147
Bunker Mavens in attendance:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Ian Nethercott @lovebuyingcars
Sanj Sukerkar @genesysdesigns
Ken McGrath @KenAMcGLu
Bevan Thomas @bevanthomas
Listen to the episode and read the full show notes to get all the details.
Show 147 – Your Hootsuite or mine?
- NSA Monitoring Is Child’s Play Compared to the Marketing Industry
- The NSA whistleblower revealed the extent to which they are monitoring the public.
- On For Immediate Release podcast, they talked about the fact that the marketing and advertising industry is much more sophisticated and makes the NSA look like child’s play.
- Does the harvesting of data go too far? Ian says it is user beware. Andrew says that it goes beyond user beware because they can harvest information from people who didn’t give it to them and don’t have profiles. The facebook app pulls information from your smart phones phone book and they create a shadow profile containing info that wasn’t supplied to them by the user.
- Is anything private online? Don’t count on it. You have to expect that it could and probably will be public.
- Bob ordered a Nexus 7:
He is looking forward to getting it. Last time he waited a few days and they sold out which caused him to receive it 4 months later! So this time he ordered it right away and should have it in a week. The screen looks good with greater than retina display.
- Microsoft would be better off with a better-looking CEO according to a secret source Andrew spoke with. If Steve Balmer was better looking the Surface would have been a success.
Voice Mail Feedback from Paul the Rock God:
Even though Paul is in here in person he called his question in so he wouldn’t forget it.
Paul asks what tool he should use to schedule his posts? He is looking at Buffer and Hootsuite right now but is looking for suggestions.
- Ian said that Hootsuite is a better comprehensive tool than Buffer for now. But he suggests looking into Oktopost which is a really cool tool where everything can be set up as a campaign.
- Stephanie said that when your deciding which platform to use and two will do the job look at which one has the best community and support.
- Bob says Hootsuite is great posting tool but Oktopost is a more sophisticated marketing system.
- Hootsuite has very robust reporting in the higher end plans.
- Ken suggests looking into Social Bro.
- Ian suggests NOT posting more than one week in advance. People will know that it isn’t you posting. It will be irrelevant content if you’re posting too far in advance.
- Stephanie brings up a case study which can be found at www.wildfireeffect.com. The Georgia Stones web series, which is an interactive web series was promoted into a school district in Scotland by a super fan.
- Bob and Ian talk about some bad experiences with Air Canada and British Airways.
- We talk about the airline industry… and some great ideas to increase revenue.It ain’t easy being green… Drunk Kermit the Frog is our number one hit in Google Analytics.
Ken confirms it “live” on the show with a Google Image Search. The first image is the Bunker Show.
Maven Interviews is out…
Andrew plays the intro music for Maven Intro.
James and Marcel showed up for the show right after it ended…
Call Toll Free 1-877-636-1474 and join the conversation on the show…. Thanks to Okanagan Spring Brewery for sponsoring the show!
Check us out on Facebook for comments and fun photos from the shows.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks to our new sponsor Okanagan Spring Brewery for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Brewmaster Black is the most popular beer at The Bunker Project and is our beer of choice.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-starr rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply