Bunker Show 86 – What’s in the Bag???
Bob kicks off the show with a couple shots of Fireball Whiskey… Andrew has a cold and he says if he gargles Fireball it will kill the virus. Will it work?
Thanks to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the #1 platform in the world for creating websites online. The easiest way to create your own cool looking website.
Bunker Project Episode 86:
What’s in the Bag?
Mavens in the House:
Cloud Software – who owns the database?
Carlo brings up a good point about who owns our information. He brings up an example in the Medical Software industry.
- who owns your data – you, the doctor or the software company?
- x-rays set a precedent for client ownership
- terms of service claiming ownership – is it just to protect themselves?
- medical reform to standardize tests, etc.
The Movie Yearbook – @movieyearhook
A fan of The Movie Yearbook recommended he runs a Kickstarter campaign and the Bunker Mavens kick in their own suggestions.
What’s in the Bag?
James brought us back some Big Horn Sheep droppings from Alberta… very yummy. Best Chocolate covered raisins ever!
- James gives a big shout out to The Mighty Quin because he is gamer
- Payment model – giving game for free to nice online players and charging extra to the assholes.
- Indy Go Go for Bobs nasal surgery
- Gamification of the Game
- Does gaming cause violence?
Tablets vs PC’s
- importance of mobile optimized websites
- can you use a tablet for business
- is a tablet better for breastfeeding women
- there is an app for that? what? exactly.
Asteroid Mining? – cool but Andrew doesn’t think it will work.
Is Instagram worth $1 Billion?
- Yes, No, Maybe
- Are they buying employees?
- Are they buying COOL factor?
- Will there be a facebook phone?
- What is George Mobile?
- Dell Voice is a free VOIP phone system.
The Bunker Project is sponsored by Wix.com
The Insurance Maven – “The Wicked Wix of the West” gives us a review. She is using Wix.com to build a site for her personal insurance business. She loves Wix… and you will too.
The Hat Maven gives a raving review of Wix.com.
Bob says the most important piece of the website puzzle is knowing what you want to say. Content is the most important. Whether you use Wix.com or another platform.
See you next week… same Bunker Time, same Bunker station.
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
Please rate our show in iTunes – Every five-star rating helps increase the exposure of the show. Also if you like the show please leave a comment or ask a question below, on iTunes or at our Meetup.com page!
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media, and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick
Leave a Reply