Podcast Hero uses Blue Host to host this site. Good service at a great price! Check them out at www.bluehost.com
WARNING: Bob talks way too much. Also, who says… “30 hours of this Crap”
Intro of all or cool guest
Great digression twitter #busfail
Big Bob rant “If I was the Social Media person at the bus Company”
Is demand media bad?
- Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions that matter to them in every U.S. town and city.
- Social media answers at a new business called:
Demand Media is a leading content and social media company. Through its owned and operated web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and innovative content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Founded in 2006.
- eHow.com is an online community dedicated to providing, the ability to research, share, and discuss solutions and tips for completing day-to-day tasks and projects. We combine the experiential knowledge of certified experts with the practical knowledge of everyday people to help you discuss, plan, and complete things like:
- About Media true Internet entity pioneering the innovations of tomorrow’s web.
Basically a bunch of web content.
- Lots of talk about social media, biased news. Great banter…
- News of today is driven by social networking and posting.
- The re-evaluation has been powered by social media
- Nice Tweet pull quote from Twited Mygic
- Monetta has been doing a great job bringing us beer
- Allen the bartender gets plug for his great cocktails.
New plugin for Crome that let’s you blacklist websites that you think is spam
New on Phones
Big news for the win7 phone
How many APPs do you have? It’s the new icebreaker. The power user usually uses the fist 2 screens of apps (32) and then the rest are called up as needed. Some people can have over 200 apps on their phone.
The growth of apps in the Android Market outpaces Apple’s App store but IOS still attracts far more developers. Some highlights:
- The number of apps available on the Android Market increased by ~127% since August of last year, while the Apple App Store grew 44%.
- If each market continues to grow at the same rate, the Android Market will have more apps than the Apple App Store by mid-2012.
- On average the Android Market has 6.2 apps per developer and the Apple App Store has 4.8 apps per developer.
- Android Market’s prevalence of paid apps increased from 22% in August 2010 to 34% in February 2011, whereas the proportion of paid apps in the Apple App Store decreased slightly from 71% to 66%.
- Android Market price points have increased: the proportion of paid Android Market apps costing $0.99 or less decreased from 61% in August 2010 to 37% in February 2011.
Triple Plus Plus Digression:
From Tablets to:
- Mac V Microsoft
- What’s wrong with the 80s (Cardigans and Mullets)
- Def Leppard
- 1980 cocktails
Windows seven phone saved by Nokia.
iPads debate before the iPad2 came out.
Apple strategy of owning a backorder for 5.6 Billion in nonscratch glass
Yes Bob is was Corell and it was developed in 1962
Comment Time !!! – Leave your thoughts about this episode below!
Join us on location for a live taping of The Bunker Project at our Meetup
or join the show by calling 1-877-636-1474 and sound off on the next episode!
Check out the show by clicking play above or subscribe in iTunes below.
Check us out on facebook at www.facebook.com/thebunkerproject
And follow us on twitter @bunkerlive
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick