Show 96 – The Second Screen
In this episode of the Bunker Show we talk about Google Shopping banning firearms, ACTA is rejected, tweet privacy (pleeeease), and much more! Of course, we have the Gaming with James segment where James rocks your gaming world once again with his great coverage and insights of all things games.
Listen to the show and join us next time via Google Plus hangout or call 1-877-636-1474 and leave a message for the show.
Bunker Project Episode 96:
Bite Me, Bob!
Mavens in the House:
Andrew McGivern @podcasthero
Bob Garlick @bobgarlick
Bonnie Sainsbury @bsainsbury
Margaret Reynolds @bc_insurancegal >>The Wicked Wix of the West
Randell Orser @numbercrunchers
Arik Sternberg @arik_sternberg
James Karg @twisted_majic
— Andrew McGivern (@podcasthero) July 15, 2012
Show 96 – The Second Screen and more…
Topics covered in this weeks show:
- We talk about the rapidly approaching episode 100 – special request to bring back DJ Lefty and bacon chocolate.
- Bonnie is a hairline fracture away from 70 000 followers on Twitter – which a 97% engagement rate!
- Bob recommended Back Blaze to Bonnie and she loves it – affordable online backup
- Bonnie has technology in places where some people don’t even have places!
- Arik talks about his favourite drink – “Red Wine & Coke Zero”
- Google Shopping does not include firearms in its search results – Gun Fans don’t like this…
- ACTA was rejected by the European Union… Yayyy!
- Telcos are getting together in Dubai to figure out how to control the internet to recapture long distance revenue
- Judge rules that Tweets are not private – no expectation of privacy
- Bob has reunion with a friend he hasn’t seen for 30 years
- Social Media engagement on Second Screen increases engagement and reduces channel surfing
- Passive TV watching vs Active TV watching
- Gaming with James – Spy Glass, Sony bought Gaikai, some new games and more!/li>
- No insurance for virtual bones
- Start Up Weekend coming up – Already sold out in Vancouver
Check out @BunkerLive for tweets and upcoming show topics. If you want to make a comment or suggest a topic let us know.
Thanks again to Wix.com for sponsoring The Bunker Project. Wix.com is the most popular website builder in the world.
If you like the show subscribe by clicking a button.
About The Bunker Project
The underground Bunker Project is a meetup focused on Social Media, Internet Marketing, New Media and Podcasting. Set in the Bunker at the Barklay Hotel on Robson St. in Vancouver, The Bunker Project will appeal to those looking for cutting edge social marketing and new media information and to those who just want to socialize over a beer and exchange thoughts and ideas about social media.
Members will have the opportunity to participate in the Bunker Project Podcast which is recorded live at every meetup.
Hope to see you soon at The Bunker!
Andrew McGivern & Bob Garlick